- Beautiful 4 bedrooom / 3.5 bathroom Banana Belt home in sunny Sausalito
- Sweeping views across Sausalito Harbor and Mt. Tam may be seen from nearly every room
- Spacious gourmet kitchen with large center island, marble counter tops and stainless steel appliances
- Luxurious master suite with private outdoor deck, spa-like bath and walk-in closet
- Temperature controlled wine cellar & family room w/ direct access to the beautifully landscaped yard
- The grounds include two patios, a large grass terrace, and in-ground hot tub with views towards Mt. Tam
- Proximate to downtown Sausalito and quick commute to San Francisco via 101!
- Very Walkable
Situated just above Sausalito Yacht Harbor, 188 Bulkley is a sensational Cape Cod style home that enjoys sweeping views, superb weather and luxurious detailing. Nestled in Sausalito's highly sought-after Banana Belt, the home is largely guarded from cold westerly winds off the Pacific Ocean and spans three well laid-out levels. Behind a privacy hedge and down a pair of brick walkways, visitors to this lovely abode pass through fragrant foliage and gorgeous gardens on the way to the front door.
Upon entering, it becomes immediately apparent that this choice home boasts extraordinary views from most rooms. To the right (east) you will find the heart of the home -- the beautifully appointed chef's kitchen, open breakfast area, and side patio. Functioning as a place for everyday casual gathering and family-time, this wing of the home is as comfortable as it is inviting. The breakfast area has built-ins with a small desk, perfect for a laptop or homework station while dinner simmers. Custom cabinetry with interior spot lights run the perimeter into the open kitchen, which is centered by a large island with breakfast bar and cooktop range. Cararra marble counters, high-end fixtures, and stainless appliances by Viking, including a built-in dual oven, allow the resident chef to create culinary delights with ease.
Just past the kitchen is the formal dining room, which enjoys views and is adjacent to the formal living room and sunroom. The living room has built-in cabinetry on both sides of a handsome wood-burning fireplace with steel surround, and is large enough to accommodate many guests. A sunroom is located at the rear of the home and packs quite the wow-factor, as huge picture windows let in views of Sausalito Harbor and Mt. Tam.
To the left (west) of the front door, you'll find the den, which has beautiful built-in book shelves and an adjacent powder room. This space could easily be used as a library, media room, art studio... whatever your imagination desires. Serene lookouts are to the garden and brick walkways.
Descending one level, you will find the master suite, which is on the east side of the residence and features a luxuriously appointed bathroom, walk-in closet, reading area and private covered balcony. The master bath has dual vanities, marble-tiled stall shower, and large soaking tub. Generously sized, the bath leads to a walk-in closet. On the opposite side of the master suite there is a reading/lounge area and direct access to a covered porch, which enjoys stellar views. Two other bedrooms are located on this middle level, which share a jack-and-jill bath with vintage claw-foot tub.
The lower level of this fine residence has an enormous recreation room, which could be a home theatre, play room for kids, or games room with billiard table and bar. The possibilities are many. Featuring a fireplace and more custom cabinetry, this space awaits your creative input! Adjacent is a bedroom and full bath, perfect for guests as it is on its own private level. A temperature controlled wine cellar rounds out the lower level, adding yet another touch of class.
Just outside the French doors you'll happen upon a large, flat grass terrace, brick patio that spans the width of the home, and an in-ground hot tub -- all of which have views out to the Bay. Other features throughout include recessed lighting, integrated speakers, and crown moulding.
This is quintessential Northern California living at its finest!
From the house by foot (per Google Maps):
- Taste of Rome: 5 minutes
- Barrel House Tavern: 6 minutes
- Cibo Coffee House & Bistro: 7 minutes
- Bar Bocce: 8 minutes
- Sausalito Ferry Landing: 8 minutes
- Sushi Ran: 8 minutes
From the house by car (per Google Maps):
- Marin Country Day School: 14 minutes
- Marin Montessori School: 14 minutes
- San Francisco's Marina Neighborhood (Chestnut & Pierce): 14 minutes
- Katherine Delmar Burke School: 15 minutes
- San Francisco Waldorf School: 15 minutes
- Town School for Boys: 15 minutes
- Stuart Hall School for Boys: 15 minutes
- Convent of the Sacred Heart: 15 minutes
- 555 California Street, San Francisco: 21 minutes
- San Francisco Ferry Building: 22 minutes
- San Francisco International Airport: 34 minutes
- Downtown Sonoma: 44 minutes
Sausalito provides an incredible lifestyle to its lucky residents, and each year, there are many community events that attract locals as well as people from all over the world. Some of the highlights are the Sausalito Film Festival, Jazz by the Bay, 4th of July Parade & Picnic, Sausalito Art Festival, Sail Fest, and the Annual Lighted Yacht Parade. Here is a link to Sausalito's calendar of events: