- Impressive single family home mixing Dutch Colonial and California style architecture on huge, scenic lot
- Vaulted ceilings with skylights, exposed wood-beam ceilings, gleaming oak hardwoods & three fireplaces
- Chef’s kitchen w/ Viking gas range, stainless refrigerator / dishwasher, granite counters and breakfast bar
- Open living and dining areas just off the kitchen for easy access & great entertaining, both with views
- Casual dine-in area with adjacent den, powder room, and slate patio under Redwoods in southwest wing
- Dazzling master bedroom w/ soaring ceilings, skylights, built-in shelves w/ library ladders and wardrobes
- Massive wrap-around decks, serving many rooms in the home including living room and lower bedrooms
- Panoramic views-- glimpses of the Pacific Ocean in the West to the Bay & San Rafael Bridge to the East
- Detached guest-house with 1 bedroom and 1 bath, separate storage shed, dog house and dog run
- Gated entry w/ two-car side-by-side garage, plenty of driveway parking, gorgeous landscaping & flat yard
- Stellar location just off Panoramic Highway- 10 minutes by car to downtown Mill Valley per Google Maps
Perched atop a scenic knoll with panoramic views, 3 Ridge Avenue in Mill Valley is a special retreat-style residence that rarely comes along. Behind a gated entry and winding driveway lies an impressive Dutch Colonial Revival home with a touch of California mixed in for good measure. Sporting brown shingles and copper accents, this high-quality home has striking architecture and gorgeous grounds.
Situated on ~.82 acres and boasting 3 bedrooms, 2.5 baths and a detached guest house with 1 bedroom and 1 bath, the home offers its lucky new inhabitants plenty of flexibility in tailoring the space to their needs. With huge wrap-around decks, multiple patios, and a flat yard, the home incorporates the outdoors as successfully as it wows visitors indoors.
Stepping through the front door you will find the open living and dining areas-- both generously sized and centered by a large wood-burning fireplace with built-ins and stone tile surround. Vaulted ceilings create volume while huge picture windows let natural light and stellar views pour in. Through a set of French doors in the living room is a huge deck, ideal for soaking in rays and enjoying the vista.
Adjacent to this wonderful entertaining area is the chef's kitchen, complete with custom cabinetry, a walk-in pantry, stainless appliances, and granite counters. The heart of the kitchen is the Viking range with center grill and professional hood, and just to the side is a breakfast bar. Skylights let the sun directly into the kitchen. Past the powder room and another wood-burning fireplace is a casual dine-in area with built-in bench and den with media cabinet. This wing of the home is on the southwest corner and you may catch glimpses of the Pacific Ocean over canopies of Redwoods in the distance. Just off the den and kitchen area is an outdoor slate patio, perfectly shaded for those hot Marin days.
Rounding out the main level is one of the most dramatic master bedrooms you'll ever see. With towering ceilings, skylights, and exquisite built-ins with library ladders, this space is as inspirational as it is voluminous. Sleep under the stars while fresh ocean air pours through the windows, leaving you refreshed morning after morning. The master bath features a tub and separate shower stall. Closet systems are built directly into the wall in the form of wardrobes and drawers - a very elegant touch to this amazing space.
Descending down a flight of stairs is the lower level of the residence, which features two bedrooms, one full bath, a laundry room with storage, an office, direct access to a lower-level deck and brick patio. Remaining light and bright, this level is perfect for kids, guests, or home offices. A two-car garage with remote entry and large parking pad allow for housing your autos and receiving your guests.
The home has a couple of additional structures on the lot - including a storage shed, a hot-tub platform, and a detached guest house (formerly a pool house) with one bedroom and one bath. The yard is slightly sloped in some areas but perfectly flat in others, providing many options for outdoor fun in the sun!
Proximate to many hiking and biking trails and just 10 minutes by car (per Google Maps) to downtown Mill Valley, this serene setting will provide countless entertainment and recreation options. If you're feeling especially ambitious you can hike to the summit of Mt. Tam, to Muir Woods, or to Stinson Beach all from trails located at the end of Ridge Avenue. Fern Creek is close by as are the Panoramic and Redwood hiking trails.
Don't miss it - this is a special one!