- Three-story brown-shingle home with 6 bedrooms, 3.5 bathrooms and a 1 bedroom, 1 bath au pair
- Gourmet kitchen w/ custom cabinetry, stone counters, center island, dine-in breakfast room & den area
- Miele double-ovens, two Miele dishwashers, SubZero refrigerator, Wolf range w/ hood, & wine refrigerator
- Formal living & dining rooms w/ beamed ceilings, parquet floors, fireplaces & diamond-paned window
- Two luxurious master suites on top level with ample closet space and direct access to outdoor balconies
- Nest thermostats & smoke detectors, integrated surround-sound system, recessed lighting & mud room
- Professionally landscaped and night-lit grounds with vegetable & herb garden, fruit trees & chicken coop
- Two large outdoor lounging patios, cabana, hot tub, porches/balconies, and sweeping views to Mt. Tam
- New forced air heating system, air conditioning, ceiling fans, double-paned windows and copper gutters
- Two separate garages, one attached to the home and the other, perfect for collector cars, is detached
- Proximate to downtown San Rafael shopping, Highway 101, and just minutes to the best private schools!
Welcome to 333 Locust Avenue in sunny San Rafael! This private, gated estate is situated on nearly five acres of gorgeous land at the base of San Pedro Mountain, backing up to nature preserves and boasting panoramic vistas towards Mt. Tam.
The serene setting rivals properties in other Marin cities such as Mill Valley or Tiburon, but with more space and better weather. Renovated with painstaking attention to detail and a philosophy of living with the land instead of off it, this home gracefully blends in with its natural surroundings. Featured as the Marin Designers Showcase house in 2007, another ~$2 million was invested into this stunning property in 2013 to bring it to its current state.
Enter through the front door into a grand space, that includes a formal reception area and large living room. The living room is centered by a handsome fireplace with marble surround and a box-beamed ceiling adds a nice touch of class. Parquet floors run through all the formal areas. Just off the living room is a sunroom, which is currently being used as a home office and has a new diamond-patterned Sisal rug and handsome Roman shades.
Towards the west wing of the home is the formal dining room, which also has a fireplace with marble surround, and is gorgeously appointed with brushed metal light fixtures, decorative wainscoting, and diamond-paned windows. Step out a pair of French doors to the generously sized outdoor patio, which is perfect for outdoor dining, entertaining, or just relaxing.
The kitchen area is the heart of the home and has been renovated to perfection. Flanked by both a casual dine-in area and TV den with surround sound, the kitchen is incredibly inviting and has plenty of places to kick back and relax. Centered by a large island with EuroStone top, the kitchen has plenty of storage and best-of-breed appliances. The refrigerator is by SubZero, six-burner gas range by Wolf, two Miele dishwashers, double built-in Miele ovens, a wine refrigerator, warming drawer, and garbage disposal complete the set. Custom cabinets with quiet-close mechanisms run the perimeter, while beautiful stone countertops and glass-tiled backsplash bounce light around the space. The island has storage, including a wine rack and a space for a couple of bar stools. Oak flooring with decorative inlays run through this area.
Just off the kitchen is the powder room and a huge laundry room with utility sinks and washer/dryer. An automatic pet door allows furry friends to come and go at their own leisure using a special collar.
Upstairs are a total of six bedrooms and three full baths. Many of the bedrooms feature vaulted ceilings and private outdoor decks. Bathrooms are tastefully updated with expensive tile-work and top-end fixtures. The master suite is on the Southeast corner of the home and has a luxuriously appointed bathroom complete with double vanities, soaking tub, and stall shower.
The lower level of this fine residence features an au pair, complete with kitchenette, full bath, and bedroom. A media room/play room is also located on this level.
Throughout the home you will find recessed lighting, Nest thermostats and smoke detectors, new systems - including air conditioning, and the finest materials. Views of Mt. Tam pour into all rooms facing South!
The grounds at 333 Locust Avenue are one of its biggest and best assets. Vegetable gardens, fruit trees and a chicken coop provide fresh edibles, while olive trees dot the hillside up to the cabana. Soak in the hot tub, sip lemonade from patios and porches, and enjoy the finest California living. Thoughtfully executed exterior lighting really makes the home and the surrounding landscape glow at night, and two garages plus a long driveway mean parking is easy for yourself and guests alike.
From the estate by car (per Google Maps):
- Marin Academy - 7 minutes
- St. Mark's School - 9 minutes
- Marin Montessori - 13 minutes
- Marin Country Day School - 13 minutes
- The Branson School - 13 minutes
- Lycée Français de San Francisco - 15 minutes