- Multi-Unit building in heart of San Francisco's food and cultural scene
- Queen Anne Victorian architecture with ornate period details and grand scale
- Total of 7-8 bedrooms and 4 full baths spanning 3 levels
- Corner lot with terrific sun exposure and views of SF skyline from top floor
- Renovated 2-story "owner's unit" with updated kitchen and bathrooms
- In-unit laundry, ample storage and 1-car garage parking
- Ideal for owner-occupant who wants to rent out lower level for income OR
- Ideal for owner who wants to live in the entire building OR
- Ideal for developer who wants to reconfigure the space
- Walkscore of 98 / 100!
Welcome to 3503-3505 23rd Street in San Francisco's red hot Valencia Corridor!
Located in the heart of San Francisco’s food and cultural scene, this Queen Anne Victorian offers many opportunities to its lucky new owner. The grand residence boasts a huge street presence and due to its corner-of-the-block location, enjoys abundant natural light through huge windows on three sides. Striking period details grace the interior of the building, while a gorgeous exterior wows passersby with its scale and ornate "wedding cake" mouldings.
The building is divided into two flats. The lower flat contains 3-4 bedrooms depending on your needs and 2 full baths. The upper flat is actually a two-story unit that has been renovated and contains 3-4 bedrooms and another 2 full baths. The upper flat has a finished, usable attic space that enjoys outlooks to San Francisco's skyline.
The Owner's Unit
Because the building is divided into two flats, the upper level is larger, more desirable, and thus referred to as the "Owner's Unit". Featuring a renovated kitchen with stainless steel appliances, granite counters, and center island with breakfast bar, the space is ready for your culinary creativity! Just off the kitchen are the living and dining rooms, both of which enjoy fantastic natural light through large picture windows. The interior of the home has oak hardwoods with decorative inlays and a host of period details, including coved ceilings, picture rails, wainscoting, ceiling medallions, incredible mouldings, original fireplaces (decorative) with exquisite mantles, and stained-glass windows. The home and overall building is a work of art, straight from the 1880's era.
Two renovated bathrooms are conveniently located and feature showers, tubs and tasteful tile-work. Side-by-side washer and dryer are located in the laundry closet and the owner's unit comes with 1-car garage parking and storage.
There are a few use-cases for this building, including the following:
- The new owner may choose to occupy the entire building.
- The new owner may choose to occupy one of the units and rent out the other for passive income.
- The new owner may choose to develop, reconfigure and possibly expand the building.
- The new owner may choose to use the building as a family compound, with multi-generations living together but in private spaces.
- The new owner may wish to live in the "Owner's Unit" and run their tech incubator downstairs.
Either way, the home is steps to many of the city’s best restaurants, pubs, and parks, and you’ll never run out of things to do and explore. Public transit options abound, with BART, J-Church and Muni services all close by, as well as commuter shuttles. Great weather and a bike-friendly area round out the package!
**Buyers should be aware that the San Francisco Planning Department has 3503-3505 23rd Street listed as a two-unit building. The tax records also show it as a two unit building. The 3R does show use as Unknown. Buyer should be aware that there is a third address, 100 San Jose, that is included in the sale. Legality of that unit is unknown.